The Acer C720 is one of the best Chromebooks out there. It’s got everything you need that will pack the best punch a Chromebook can throw, so let’s dive into the details with the college-exclusive Acer C720 Chromebook Review.
- Runs ChromeOS, the cloud-based operating system used on Chromebooks
- Bluetooth 4.0
- HD Webcam
- Two stereo speakers
- 1-USB 3.0 Port
- 1-USB 2.0 Port
- Multi-Gesture Touchpad
- Screen Size: 11.6 inches
- Screen Resolution: 1366×768
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Intel Celeron
- Memory: 2GB DDR3L SDRAM
- Hard Drive: 16GB or 32GB Flash Memory
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics
- Wireless: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Average Battery Life: 8.5 hours
- Weight: 2.76 lbs.
Specs Review: First off, the screen size/resolution resembles a modern laptop, so if you’re worried that you won’t get the same feel as a non-Chromebook, you’ll be fine. Chromebooks don’t require very strong specs so the processor/memory/GPU that seem weak will work just fine. The battery life is very nice, 8.5 hours will be able to last through a regular day’s work.
Customer Review Summary (from online reviews)
- “Amazing combination of price and experience.”
- “I’d recommend this to anyone looking for a travel laptop, or a work laptop, its great for on the go work.”
- “It’s very light and fast.”
Conclusion for College Students: I will repeat what I said in my What is a Chromebook guide, Chromebooks aren’t for everyone. People who need a laptop for heavy-duty applications won’t be able to use a Chromebook since it is mainly for online based applications like Google Docs, Netflix, etc. If you CAN make use of a Chromebook, the Acer C720 should be one of your top picks. The only reason why it isn’t an automatic #1 in Chromebooks, is because it’s battery life isn’t stellar like the ASUS Chromebook 12-inch.
Check out our full college-exclusive Chromebook Roundup!